You can use recurring Goals in Salon Symphony to measure performance and progress across your organization. Read on to learn how Glenda leverages automated goal setting to streamline productivity for her salon.
Glenda is the owner of The BeautyBar, a salon with 36 employees. Glenda has quarterly goal setting meetings with her staff. However both her and her team struggle to manage and measure progress from week to week.
Glenda decides to create recurring goals for each employee using Goals within Salon Symphony. In the example below, Glenda starts by creating a weekly service sale goal of $2,000 for all stylists at her salon.
- From her dashboard, Glenda navigates to Goals.
- She clicks Create Goal at the top of the page.
- She choose Weekly Goal, then clicks Continue.
- On the next screen, she types Weekly Service Sales into the Goal Name.
- From the Assign Staff dropdown, she selects Groups » Stylists.
- In the Description field, she adds: Work with your mentor to increase your SPST and add-on treatments to hit your goal!
- Next, Glenda choose Dollar Amount as the Target Type.
- She enters $2000 into the Target Value.
- For the Target Date, she selects Every Saturday.
- And she chooses to Repeat Goal for 3 Months.
- After a quick review, Glenda clicks Assign Goal.
Following the example above, every Stylist at Glenda's salon will receive a push notification via their mobile app that a new goal was just set for them. An automated alert will be sent every Saturday at 9:00 AM reminding her Stylists to update the status of their goal. Once a status has been updated, Glenda will receive a notification via the Activity Feed on her dashboard.
Use the examples below as a reference for creating recurring goals in Salon Symphony.
Weekly Service Sales
|Social Media Posts
|Maintain $14.50 RPCT
|New Client Retention Rate
|Annual Service Sales
|$1M Annual Revenues
|Sell 100 Holiday Gift Sets